late night uncertainty


I know.  Amazing.  After 8 months Allyce is still alive.  I lost inspiration, got distracted, did a whole bunch of other things, took a 2.5 hour nap, and got inspired to post again.  That was basically today and also the past few months.  I feel the urge again, to take photos (not to pee but that too), and the urge feels pretty gooood.  

I went from sleeping at 2 during the last few weeks of the summer to having to go to sleep at like 10 or 11 to get up early enough for school.  For the first few nights it was super hard for me to fall asleep no matter how tired I was.  

There's a certain feeling you get when you can't fall asleep and you stare at the ceiling and feel your own warmth in the blankets.  It's an internal pulling towards a destination that you can't reach while the feeling still exists in you.  So you lie awake and your thoughts simmer in your head and evaporate with your breath, over and over again.  You're slightly panicked that you can't fall asleep and that only makes it worse.  

That's what I wanted to capture in these photos.  Anxiety, obligation, but most of all, uncertainty.  

More photos coming soon :))  

Sep 19, 2014

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.