So deep right now.
They should invent something so that you have to stare at a painting for at least two minutes and think about it before the text about the painting pops up. It's an art museum, but everyone walks around reading text and glancing at the art. #hater
I don't know what happened, but when I edited some of these photos, they looked beautiful and perfect, but now they look noisy and weirdly-colored. And I look sad. That was a big run on sentence, but am I supposed to care? Because I don't. I can be as gramatically incorrect as I want because this is America. Freedom of speech. Freedom of caring about grammatical rules.
What kids do at art museums (when they're not getting schooled by knowledgeable adults)
This photo looked perfect while I was editing, but now it looks horrible. I thought this was a Blogger account, not Instagram. Ignoring the weird colors and noise and whatever, it was a moment that just happened, and I happened to be in the right place. I took another one while standing further away, but it wasn't as intimate as this one. You couldn't feel the love. But you could feel the noise.
Why is he so purple.? Maybe it's because I've been using Picasa instead of Photoshop even though I downloaded it because Picasa is just less work. Is that why they come out so ugly? Can I sue Google for millions of dollars for making my photos ugly when they were not ugly?
Either she's blinking, or she's severely done with random people taking her photo. Like her facial expression is just so funny to me.
Thank god for daylight!! No more weird purply people!
Modern art in particular is like classical music. It's like water. What we absorb every day through our iPods and televisions is like molded rubber. It is what it is; there is nothing to search for, nothing to think about. The lyrics are what they are. Classical music is formless; it can mean anything that your heart wants it to be. Modern art is very similar, I think, because there is no right or wrong answer after the artist has put his or her work up. What does it mean? What doesn't it mean? People get confused. They throw water on their faces, get annoyed, and leave.
I was feeling a lot of societal pressure to be awed by art, and there is nothing that makes me more uncomfortable than societal pressure to feel anything about anything in the world ever. So I was like, no. It's the same thing when people tell me to listen to certain artists. I try to, but then all I can feel in the music is the pressure to enjoy it, so any real enjoyment I could have gotten is gone. I was not in the mood to shape things with my mind and my life experience at MOMA.
I was told to get inspiration, so I looked at people's faces as they looked at art. It was really fascinating. They get so absorbed. They feel it in their thighs. They look at me, annoyed, as I take their photos. Normally, I don't have the courage to just pop in people's faces and take their photos, but I was really tired and hungry. I couldn't think straight, so I just hopped around and did things. It was really a magical time to create. It just flowed.
I'm not a passive person. I have to be involved in whatever I'm trying to experience. For me, classical music is way easier to appreciate than modern art because I can relate myself to it. I don't necessarily relate to people's art because it's so specific and hard to get to. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough. Sometimes I form opinions too quickly and close myself off. My friend gave me a free pass so I could go again and try to feel the energy. Or I could just take more pictures of people. Whateva. Bai.













Post a Comment