Blues Hues

Reflections are so cool to me.  You see one thing but it is actually another thing.  Isn't that weird?  LIke you expect these brownish looking windows to show you the inside or maybe just be brown, but instead the sky and it's like a helicopter flying over a large city and straight into your heart.  
I always try so hard to take pictures of birds, squirrels, etc. but it never works because they just run away!  Like please!!  I just want to capture your intense beauty on my photographic device!  This time it actually worked because maybe the bird was injured and couldn't fly a little?  It could only hop along the fence.  I felt a little bad but it's not like I was going to take it to my private bird hospital or something.  C'est la vie, ok?  
There's this puddle of mud between the track and the football field at my school that I used to always step in when I had class in the morning. But I caught it when it was really shiny and beautiful looking.  This is probably my favorite photo of this set along with the reflecty building one.  
Does it make you feel uncomfortable that the sky is a different color in every picture?  That's because I adjust the fill light or highlights in dark photos to make the subject brighter, even if the sky looked fine.  Fee' me?  That's why I called this post Blues Hues, because the sky is a different hue in every photo!  HAH!  I'm so clever.  
The clouds were really crazy that day  They were either really intense and gray as heck or sparse and puffy, like here.  I loved it.  
The sunset was illuminating one side of this tree, making it all gold and glorious and whatever.  
I love it when the sky gets a little pink.  It makes my heart happy.  

It's really weird how I came about taking these photos.  I was waiting at school after a club for my dad to pick me up after a club.  And the sun was really golden from behind the school building, but meanwhile, there were these really ominous gray clouds above the soccer field.  I thought it was so magical.  I just had this feeling in me, so I took out my viola (I bring my viola to and from school every day for orchestra class) and started playing Scheherazade.  
If you don't know, Scheherazade is a symphonic suite by Rimsky-Korsakov based on One Thousand and One Nights.  A sultan took a new wife night and killed her in the morning.  This princess Scheherazade was chosen as one of his wives, and since she didn't want to die, she told him enthralling stories every night.  He was so engrossed by the stories that he didn't kill her so he could find out what happened.   Eventually they fell in love.  
The piece is really beautiful and although I have never played it, I've listened to it lots of times.  I can play things by ear, so I just started playing my favorite part of the piece which is the third movement "The Young Prince and the Young Princess."  The climax in that movement is earth shattering.  
So I was playing and then my dad pulled up and he was like, "What the heck is happening here?"  I told him that I wanted to go home, get my camera, and come back to take pictures.  In that movement I was really moved by how beautiful and infinite life was.  

Nov 3, 2013

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.