"Hah! I'm gonna be famous!"
I went down to my local train station during rush hour and photographed some of the people coming off the train, waiting for the train on the platform, and waiting for their rides on the lower level. Then, going over to the main street in my town, I tried to photograph people subtly, but mostly it didn't work out.
Street photography must be tons easier in the city, because so many things are going on and people won't notice as much if you take pictures of them. I really had to work hard to make sure people weren't gawking at me. As I like to say, being a master photographer is hard work. (I'm just kidding, by the way.)
A digression about what I've learned so far from photography
The photographer me and the real me are two completely different people. The photographer me doesn't care about whether you're attractive or not; it only matters that you exist, and for reasons beyond anyone's control, you look the way you look. You wear what you wear. You do what you do. You are what you are. The real me is not so generous. Thirty minutes pass, and the photographer me only feels it in pulses, in seconds, in blinks. Thirty minutes pass, and the real me sits there waiting for years and years.
Moral of the story: photography makes me into a better person.
Post a Comment